There has recently been a huge increase in the number of deaths on French roads and the French government is determined to improve traffic safety.
As a result, expect to see far more police as you travel through France and be aware they will be looking for a whole host of offences!
Part of the move to reduce the number of deaths includes the following new policies
1) Removing speed radar camera warning signs
2) Clamping down on the usage of mobile phones whilst driving
3) 1,000 new radar sights by the end of 2012
4) The banning of screens in the drivers field of vision (beware of your sat nav being in the wrong place)
5) Motorcyclists must wear reflective jackets and have larger index plates